Friday, November 10, 2017

How to Set a Table





How To Set a Table is a book about making your dinner space inviting for your family and for guests. The first chapter talked about the different pieces one can use to set a table: linens, soup tureens, glassware, etc. I found this section to be very informative. While I knew the names of most serving pieces, it was a good refresher. Then each chapter gave pictures of tablescapes and suggestions for how to entertain based on the serving style you were looking for. This is where I thought the book was just OK. I'm not a super skilled decorator or entertainer by any means, but I found the photos to be beautiful but the suggestions quite underwhelming. I mean, I feel like I could have gotten just as many ideas from Pinterest or a random internet search. The book DID make me want to tidy up some of the spaces within my home, but other than that, the book was just OK. 

A copy of this book was given to me in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 



No comments: